Monday, October 1, 2007

1996


If you get a chance, check out Michaelangelo Matos' essay on Idolator about 1996's music and what it meant to him.
Seriously, though, who remembered that Primitive Radio Gods had the #2 modern rock hit of 1996, or that Tracy Bonham and the Eels were #9 and #10?

I remember being home from college in the winter of 1996 and attending one of those "X-Mas bash" concerts that were big at the time, where four or five disparate acts shared a stage. In my case, it was the 95X-mas Ball at the Travel-and-Transportation building at the Oklahoma State Fair complex, and we got to see the Eels (they did a great cover of "Damn! I wish I was your lover"), Goldfinger ("Here in Your Bedroom" had to be in the top 20, right?), the Chainsaw Kittens, and... two others? I can't remember. Sorry... I've been downhearted, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard Mute Math's "Typical" (with the backwards video and the paint)? It sounds like a song from 1996.
-Ed