Saturday, February 19, 2011

We're back!

Hello all. Back from hiatus, and invigorated to talk about the sounds of two decades ago. You know what got my creative juices flowing again? The big top-40 station here has done three "Big '90s weekends" in a row, full of Sugar Ray, Ace of Base, Digable Planets, Gin Blossoms, and more. And it made me realize that yes, I am the same age as those slightly unhip people grooving to "Big '80s weekends" were around the turn of the century. sigh.

If you've missed having regular posts on this site, I hope you've filled the '90s-shaped hole in your Internet life with the absolutely outstanding series Whatever Happened to Alternative Nation? on the AV club. I can't recommend it enough, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the final installment, on 1999 (will they mention Stroke 9 and Vertical Horizon? Fingers crossed!).

No comments: