Friday, May 2, 2008

Top 10 Flaming Lips songs

The Lost Ogle, a great Oklahoma City-based blog, counts down the Top 10 Flaming Lips songs of all time.

I love this band, not just because I grew up near where they did (check out the fabulous documentary The Fearless Freaks for more on the Lips' formative years in the OKC). It is to my everlasting regret that I won tickets to a Lips show (Clouds Taste Metallic tour, '95) on the radio, but then couldn't go to the show because there was a large tornado that night between my house and the venue. Sadly, for those of you who have not lived in Oklahoma, this is a fairly common problem in the spring.

I pretty much agree with this list, although I might have included "Bad Days" or "This Here Giraffe." Or anything off Zaireeka, the batshit-crazy 4-cd set that is meant to be played on four separate stereos at the same time.

No comments: