Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Expect a very post-grunge album from David Cook

American Idol winner David Cook tells LiveDaily he's been working with Ed Roland from Collective Soul, Raine Maida from Our Lady Peace and Zac Maloy of Nixons fame.
The album (due this fall) will be produced by Rob Cavallo, who has done a lot of work with Green Day, the Goo Goo Dolls, and L7, among others.
If the American Idol winner were to put out an album that sounded like the KROQ playlist in 1995, would that be a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, for me it would be a good thing, but what about the music industry as a whole?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I;ve listened to the first release from David Cook's Album - Kight On. I really wanted to like this single, but I just can't. David's uniqueness does not translate in the song. There is nothing separating this release from run of the mill Daughtry or Nickelback release - two artists he should be trying to separate himself from with a quickness. Aside from writing the song, there is way too much of Chris Cornell's vibe in it - the music sounds too much like Soundgarden, and if you close your eyes and listen closely, it sounds like Cornell is singing. If I wanted a Chris Cornell record, I would buy one from Chris Cornell. I didn't expect to hear David lose so much of what makes him special...his fans from the show will buy it in droves... I'm not so sure he will have such an easy sell to the public at large... I'm lowering my previous expectations for the album, and hope there is more authentic and substantive David Cook material in it.